DOH Seeks Innovative Practices to Spur Workforce Transformation
The Department of Health (DOH) recently introduced the New York State Workforce Transformation Compendium to serve as a repository of information about Innovative Practices that have been shown to be effective in addressing health care workforce challenges in New York State. The compendium was created as part of the Workforce Workgroup under the New York State Innovation Model (SIM) grant from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI).
The goal of the compendium is to serve as a resource guide for future workforce initiatives. The intention is to share innovative approaches with those seeking to enhance and implement health care workforce practices and apply these practices to the new initiative. To assist with this process, the Innovative Practices are organized by the following topic areas:
- Care Coordination
- Change/Transition Management
- Emerging Health Workers (Community Health Workers, Peer Workers, Etc.)
- Entry-Level Worker Enhancement Benefits
- Information Technology
- Practice Transformation
- Quality Improvement
Each Innovative Practice includes a short description of the project, the process for implementation, and links to useful resources that were submitted by the organization where the practice was implemented. Submissions for consideration can be sent to WorkforceCompendium@health.ny.gov using this template.
When considering submission, please keep in mind that an Innovative Practice should be:
- Responsive to an identified workforce need, consistent with one of the following focus areas: recruitment, retention, training, transition management, quality improvement, or productivity
- Aligned with ongoing transformation in health
- Flexible and capable of evolution with system changes
- Evidence-based, to the extent appropriate
- Capable of evaluation
- Sustainable for as long as necessary and designed to sunset when obsolete
- Replicable, so others can use or customize the model
- Scalable, so others can adapt the model to the scope of their need
To learn about and participate in this initiative, visit the DOH website. If you would like to receive email notifications as new Innovative Practices are added, please contact WorkforceCompendium@health.ny.gov to be added to the distribution list.
Contact: Meg Everett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-867-8871