ADHC Reopening and Rebuilding Virtual Education Series Starts Next Week!
The Adult Day Health Care Council's (ADHCC) ADHC Reopening and Rebuilding Virtual Education Series Starts Next Week!
April 25th and 27th, May 2nd and 4th
- The Department of Health (DOH) will soon be issuing revised reopening guidance for ADHC programs. This will include new operating guidance and a revised process for complying with the federal Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Settings Rule. Join us and learn more.
- DOH will soon be making available American Rescue Plan Act Enhanced Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (eFMAP) funding for ADHC programs already open or in the process of reopening post-COVID-19 to bolster program recovery.
ADHCC encourages members and non-members to engage in this series of educational sessions to jumpstart the process of reopening so that your program can receive the eFMAP funding. Spending options will likely be direct payments to programs for staffing, purchase of vehicles, technology, transportation, and other items. DOH is slated to introduce this spending program in late spring, with distributions to be allocated in the fall of 2023.
Who Should Attend:
- ADHC program directors and staff
- Nursing home administrators
- Potential ADHC program staff slated to reopen a program
Why You Should Attend:
This series is intended to help ADHC programs reopen and rebuild, as well as address the continuing challenges we face in rebuilding census. While some of these issues may be solved by advocacy at the state level, much of it entails establishing best practices to hire and retain strong staff for programs, building connections to potential registrant populations, and reconnecting with partners in the community. All of our ADHC programs continue to rebuild and grow and will benefit from this content.
Session 1: ADHC Reopening and Rebuilding – Current reopening requirements and operating guidance, Tues., April 25th, 10 to 11:30 a.m.
Session 2: Person-Centered Care: It’s a Culture Change – Understanding the HCBS Settings Rule and new aspects of care planning and community integration, Thurs., April 27th, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Session 3: Strategies for ADHC Workforce Recruitment & Retention – Tues., May 2nd, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. ** Bonus Segment on Transportation
Session 4: Building Back Census – New and Old Referral Sources and Helpful Marketing Strategies – Thurs., May 4th, 10 to 11:30 a.m.
Sessions will be recorded, and slides and resources will be provided to attendees. Presentations will be meeting-style so that members can discuss issues and ask questions.
Registration ends this week. Don't wait! Click here to register!
Please feel free to contact Meg Everett at email@example.com or 518-867-8871 if you have questions.