2022 LHCSA and ALP LHCSA Statistical Reports Due Dec. 31, 2023
The Department of Health (DOH) issued a Dear Administrator Letter (DAL) and additional instructional documents announcing the 2022 Licensed Home Care Services Agency (LHCSA) Statistical Report and the 2022 Assisted Living Program (ALP) LHCSA Statistical Report. The reports are due Dec. 31, 2023. ALP LHCSAs also serving individuals in the community should complete both reports. 2024 annual registration of LHCSAs and ALP LHCSAs is also part of this reporting process in accordance with Section 3605-b of the Public Health Law.
All LHCSAs must register for 2024 by successfully submitting a complete 2022 LHCSA Statistical Report and/or 2022 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report. Failure to complete and submit the report by the stipulated deadline will result in the following penalties:
- A $500 fine will be assessed for each month, or part of a month, that the LHCSA is not registered.
- LHCSAs that are not registered will not be allowed to operate until they become registered.
- The Department may revoke the license of any LHCSA that fails to register timely for two years, not necessarily consecutive.
Please note that LHCSAs that were licensed during the current calendar year (2023) will be automatically registered for and may provide and bill for services rendered during 2024.
All ALP LHCSAs must submit the 2022 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report. An ALP LHCSA serving patients in the community must also complete and submit all sections of the 2022 LHCSA Statistical Report to report data for these community patients; however, an ALP LHCSA that does not serve patients in the community must only complete and submit the 2022 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report. For those ALP LHCSAs submitting both reports, the submission date of the first successfully submitted report will be considered the submission date for the agency for registration purposes.
The following documents available on the Health Commerce System (HCS) can assist members with completing the reports:
- DHCBS DAL 23-04 2022 LHCSA Statistical Report
- Attachment 1 – Instructions for Downloading Universal Data Collection System (UDCS) Software
- Attachment 2 – Instructions for 2022 LHCSA Statistical Report and 2024 LHCSA Registration
- Attachment 3 – Instructions for 2022 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report and 2024 LHCSA Registration
- Attachment 4 – 2022 LHCSA Statistical Report Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Attachment 5 – 2022 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report FAQs
- DAL 23-04 Enclosure Section 3605-b
The 2022 LHCSA Statistical Report and the 2022 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report will use the Department-developed UDCS platform. Please see directions in the DAL for access and ensure that the proper individuals assigned to complete the reports in the system are up to date.
The UDCS application and the LHCSA Statistical Report form(s) must be downloaded from the HCS and installed on a user’s computer. There have not been changes to the software; therefore, users who submitted the 2021 report will not need to redownload the software to complete the 2022 report. However, the 2022 report form(s) will need to be downloaded. Users designated by the agency can then enter the required data.
Please continually monitor the HCS. Information will be provided through the HCS, including directions for downloading and installing the UDCS application and the LHCSA Statistical Report forms, suggestions for using the application in different technical environments and organizational structures, entering data into the forms, and submitting the completed report.
Please read these documents carefully. The 2022 LHCSA Statistical Report is extensive, and the successful registration of your LHCSA depends upon your submission of an acceptable LHCSA Statistical Report.
Please send any questions, comments, or concerns to HCStatRpts@health.ny.gov.
Contact: Meg Everett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-867-8871