Urge Governor to Reform and Invest in Nursing Home Medicaid Program
LeadingAge NY is urging Governor Hochul to reform and invest in nursing home Medicaid rates in the 2024-25 Executive Budget Proposal, and now is the time to begin engaging your state legislators in our pre-budget advocacy efforts!
LeadingAge NY strongly encourages our nursing home members to contact their state Assembly Member and Senator and ask them to support our 2024-25 budget request:
- Schedule a meeting or phone call with your legislators to discuss the need for comprehensive investment.
- Ask your legislators to write to the Governor in support of comprehensive reform and investment in the nursing home Medicaid program.
- TEMPLATE Legislator Letter to the Governor – Share this with offices you speak with and ask them to write to the Governor!
- Use your voice! Send a letter to the Governor on your own organization letterhead!
- TEMPLATE Member Letter to the Governor – Fill in the highlighted yellow fields, paste onto organization letterhead, and send to the Governor’s office as soon as possible!
NEXT STEPS: Amplify our message by including others in our digital letter-writing campaign! LeadingAge NY has created the below digital letter-writing campaigns, written from the perspective of different stakeholders. Please share these letters with your networks of advocates to amplify our message!
- Provider Letter (send this in addition to the more formal letter template linked above!)
- Board Members
- Family Members of Residents
- General Constituent
There are more nursing home pre-budget advocacy resources on the way, but for now, it is critical that members educate their state representatives about the need for nursing home Medicaid reform. Thank you for your advocacy, and let us know if you have any questions.
Contact: Sarah Daly, 518-867-8845, email@example.com.